Sunday, August 10, 2008

Update/News

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, school and work have been making things a bit hectic but I'm going to try to catch up on everyones post.

In other news, I've come to the conclusion that I rather have quality pictures than quantity, so with that I probably wont make my 366 goal. I know bummer, right? My goal is to become better, not rush to make the deadline. I'm not saying I'm going to post the most amazing stuff ever, but I want it to be "good" so I can learn and become "great". This also means that I would love to have constructive criticisms, both good and bad - I wont learn until I hear what I'm doing wrong. I'm not forcing anyone to comment my pictures, but I do ask if you think something is wrong, let me know. :)

Last but not least, and some of you may not even care, but I've decided that after I get my associates in ART I'm going to switch my major to photography. I have a bit of trouble sticking to one thing but I'm going to devote myself to this. I was looking at the AI schools in both Seattle and Boston, and my friend Heather told me about a school called Hallmark Institute of Photography, so I'd like to check that out as well. I still have some time to decided though (roughly a year, perhaps a little more).

Ok, that's it! :]

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

I wondered where you'd been! Well I'm glad to see that you've decided what works for you. I think there'll be two kinds of winners with this challenge (and some people might be both) - those who do all 366 themes, and those who have shown a real and demonstrable increase in their skills. So even if you don't complete all 366 themes, you may still class yourself as a winner, if you use my thinking ;-)

Julie M said...

I hope we'll continue to see lots of your work whether you complete the theme challenge or not.

Linda aka Elemobe said...

Sounds like good decisions all round. Completing the Challenge is not so important, improving photography can be very satisfying. Switching courses sounds like a well thought out plan and understandable.

I wish you the very best - and enjoy!