Sunday, August 17, 2008

Theme 266 - Sweets


Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum! I love Strawberries dipped in chocolate! I like cake and ice cream and all that good stuff, but this is definitely what I think of when I hear sweets. I used Hersey's Chocolate and added a bit of water to it while heating it up (it tends to dry and then burn really fast without the water) Now that I look at it I probably could have used a little less water, but it was good (and the photo turned out good) non-the-less. I took the photo outside, which I hoped to give me some nice natural lighting but I came out too late and the sun was already hidden behind houses and trees. I placed the strawberries on two white pieces of cardboard paper; one for the bottom and one for the back. I think it did the trick, hopefully you think so too.

4 comments:

Julie M said...

Very appetizing, that's for sure! I love your composition with the berries in the background.

MevetS said...

What a waste of good chocolate! Strawberries, yuk!

But a nice image. I like the way you have the out of focus group of berries in the back corner of the image.

Dogeared said...

I think you've done fantastic with this - the composition with one prominent at the front and the others blurred in the background, the white and the lighting... I'm sure when you start your course you'll get plenty of practice at things like this!

Linda aka Elemobe said...

That has worked really well, once again, great composition.