Thursday, September 18, 2008

Theme 322 - Portrait

Sorry for being MIA! Fall semester started so I don't get much time for myself between work and school.

I had a "Seasons" project for my design class and this is fall! :] It's my favorite out of all of them; as well as the family's. The model is my sister, Ashliegh, I did the make-up, hair, photo (obviously haha), and photoshop work - yes, I photoshoped this, and quite a bit too! >_<> This was also the very first time I've EVER done portraits, let alone someone else's hair and make-up, so I'm quite pleased with this.

I've learned a lot from doing this project and it also helped me realize where I might want to go with photography. :]

EDIT: I missed 2 out of the 3 classes for for design due to being very sickly! So I basically did this project off of the information he gave us the first day of class. We had out critique last night and I found out then that the project was supposed to be COMPLETELY ABSTRACT!! Total bummer!! Everyone loved the portraits and completely backed me up considering how much work/time I put into it and for even having a project when I've been sick. I'll find out what grade I get, despite the fact that it wasn't abstract, next wednesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A+++++

That is just awesome, Cassandra!

MevetS said...

Yep, I still like it.

Mia said...

This is a gorgeous composition! Beautiful in all aspects!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is amazing! Fantasy Portraits? I want to be next!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the other 3 photos!