Saturday, July 26, 2008

Theme 27 - Job

Last night I went to my school to get in some studio time (I'm majoring in art :] ) and on my way out I saw these flowers and thought that looked neat so I went up to them and noticed there was a big bumble bee collecting pollen from the flowers. He'd do a little circle dance while collecting the pollen then jump to a new flower. It was cute. I watched for a good five minutes and decided I wanted to a get picture before I left, so I did. I wasn't even sure what I could use this for but then I came across job and I remembered that he was doing his job so other bees could make honey! So thats how this little guy became my "job" theme. :)

P.S. This really made me want to get another lens, perhaps the Nikon 10.5 mm DX f/2.8 G IF-ED AF Lens, but that's a good 700 dollars right now.
:(

3 comments:

Deb Campbell said...

Nice "job" here. It is a job catpuring bugs in general, but bees are really hard because they are moving all the time. Plus, he is doing his job collecting pollen like you said.

Julie M said...

I love the idea of using an insect for the 'job' theme. And bees are very industrious. Your shot is excellent - great detail and composition...

Dogeared said...

I'm with Julie, great idea on using an insect, especially a bee, for the theme. I can't think of many insects that work harder than a bee! Great job on the photo too :D

I'd like a macro lens too, but you seem to know at least which one you want!