Monday, August 18, 2008

Theme 161 - Sky

It feels so good to post this. I've been wanting to catch a photo of the moon for a long long time now. It took me two nights to try and figure out the right aperture and shutter speed to have my camera on to get this shot; a lot came out with just a big ball of white for the moon. I intend to catch a photo of all my main points of the moon (first quarter, half, second quarter) and then get it into one big picture with a photo of the Eclipse (if I get lucky - It wont be until next year though) in the middle. That's the plan at least.

As for the theme sky, I know the best time to take a photograph is at dawn and dusk and considering the project calls for photo's of that sort, I figured sky would be the best - and there's a whole lot of it. :]

5 comments:

Julie M said...

Great idea for a project and your first installment is excellent. Really sharp and detailed. I never can get moon shots just right...

Anonymous said...

My first reaction - wow!

MevetS said...

Nicely done, and it really isn't a surprise that it took you awhile to get it right.

Moon shots are tricky. Most people don't realize that the moon is in full daylight. You're taking the picture at night, right? But you need to expose for high noon.

Second, the moon moves. Quickly enough to need to take the motion into account or you'll get a blurred image. Especially with longer lenses.

Keep up the good work.

Dogeared said...

Well done with getting it so sharp! I tried for the lunar eclipse, but without a tripod :( Good luck with your project to photograph the different phases!

Mia said...

Wow! Very impressive. I have also tried to take photos of the moon, but not succeede no way near yours!