Sunday, August 10, 2008

Theme 38. Such Great Heights

Saturday morning was my Dad's and my first photography outing. We were trying to find some hiking trails with waterfalls, but we ended up making this a small trip due to it being our first. (We actually ended up right down the street from our house at some kind of nature reservation that we never knew about.)

This would probably be the only photograph I liked from our outing, and I really like it! It has a slightly funny story with it; we saw these extremely tall plants with these yellow flowers (Sorry not sure what they are called) on the top, and I mean extremely tall - I'm tempted to call this "Reaching For The Sky" because that's exactly what they looked like they were doing. My dad and I stopped to look at them and then I decided to try to get a photograph, my dad stayed back and actually took a photograph of me! I showed him what I got and he goes "wow, that's really great" and then walks over to another plant and takes the same picture! :D (Sorry Dad, I had to share! <3)

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Well it's a great photo - the composition's wonderful and the colours are bright and vivid!

And hee, about the story!

(since you asked for feedback in the post below - this isn't a feedback on your photos, but just in general - do you change the font size to be really small? Only I find myself squinting to read it, and I don't wear glasses (or need to lol). I just wondered if it was deliberate or some default setting!)

Julie M said...

Just a great image and perfect for the theme, too.