Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Theme 223 - Reflections




I figured most people would use the water or maybe even a window for reflections, which granted always seem to look incredibly pretty (and I may eventually take one of those photo's), but I wanted to do something more funky.
This is a lamp my photography teacher back in high school used for one of his auctions at his class. (He has one every year, he even actioned off his wedding photo of his wife, it was pretty funny.) I think the lamp went for like 5 bucks or something. I lost, but the person who won threw the lamp in scummy water outside, so I took it, cleaned it off and have been using it in my office at work ever since. (Or in my bedroom when I didn't have this job.)

So the other day at work I noticed the reflection of my office and myself in my lamp and thought it looked cool and decided to take a picture.

This is what the top part looks like. It's definitely one of my favorite things to have.


4 comments:

Linda aka Elemobe said...

That is wonderful. Great reflective material, I can see why you love it so.

Dogeared said...

Lovely reflection, and I really like the lamp! Funny story to go with it too :D

Deb Campbell said...

that's a unique reflection. well seen.

Heather said...

That's such a good lamp, who would throw it out! Especially after buying it in an auction. Great shot though, lady :)